Thursday, February 26, 2009

Surveys and Backlinks


On Sunday my little study on the public opinion of space habitation ended. I want to write a post the mimics the format of professional studies. While researching for the introduction section of this study, I came across several papers that discussed the very topic I was studying. I am very happy with the post and will be posting it on the weekend, after I finish proofreading. I would like to thank those bloggers who participated in my survey now and later in the study itself. (Backlinks, for everyone!) My data had a huge non-response rate, so I can not make generalizations about the opinions of all mankind. But, I can redesign my study based on the comments I got. The participants who chose to identify themselves are:

chato of Mental Health Humor and Cartoons,
sarah of PC Game Trek,
Bob of Black holes and astrostuff,
Spicybugz of Spicybugz World,
Metallman of Metallman's Reverie,
Ravyn of Exchange of Realities,
bstone of planet earth looks blue,
nipsy of its completely nipplelicious,
Jude of Mature Not Senile,
April of The Crazy Green Cheapskate,
RevOxley,
Stephanie of Rocket Scientist,
webbielady of Webloglearner,
Lubasa of Lubasa sketchlog.
Thank you to all the other poll takers who did not identify themselves. Your time and your efforts have given me inside into the subject which I am passionate about.

In other news, there is a real study on public opinion of manned space flight. If you have any free time, please take this survey. Surveys like mine and the space expectations survey need a very large sample size to get over the problem of voluntary sampling and to make conclusions about a population. In voluntary sampling, only those who care about the subject will take the survey, creating biased results. Every questionnaire matters in a survey, the space community needs your input to but understand and serve you, please take survey ran by the International Academy of Astronautics.

Related Posts with Thumbnails